Welcome to our new web site!
To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.
During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.
As information surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, McKenzie Medical Center (MMC) wants to inform our local communities with information to protect our patients, neighbors, and friends.
As of March 15, 2020, there are no confirmed cases in Carroll, Weakley, Henry or Benton counties. The Tennessee Department of Health is providing updated confirmed cases by county at https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html. The information provided by the state website is updated daily and contains other pertinent information surrounding COVID-19.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), confirmed cases in the US will likely increase, but we can all do our part in controlling spread of the disease by following a few simple instructions:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, discard tissue in trash and then wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. Regularly disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and countertops.
5. Stop shaking hands and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
6. Stay home if you are feeling sick.
7. Contact your regular medical provider by phone for instructions.
McKenzie Medical Center is prepared to protect patients while providing regular medical care.
MMC will begin screening all patients arriving at our facility to assess exposure to COVID-19. The screening will consist of a few simple yes or no questions.
For the safety of our patients and staff, we will take the following precautions for patients determined to be at risk:
1. At-risk patient isolation.
2. Patient protective masks.
3. Medical professionals will utilize masks, gloves, gowns, etc. during encounter.
OPTIONAL: Patients have the choice to wait in their vehicle for an in-person visit or wait in the patient lobby. Details of this option will be arranged during patient screenings prior to entering the facility.
As our guidance from the CDC and TN Department of Health change often, please know in advance, our protection measures may also change. We closely monitor daily updates. Please be patient as we implement safety measures and know that all precautions are to serve the communities we cherish.
Thank you for your continued support of McKenzie Medical Center - including our Bruceton, Gleason, Dresden, and Camden satellite locations.